Friday, April 12, 2013

Feel alone? OCD taking over?

Everyone has those days where they feel worried and shaky, but for people with OCD and severe anxiety this turns into a daily experience. The feeling of closing panic and being able to pick out every little thing that is wrong or was done out of order. Trying to describe it is almost impossible because the feelings are a little different for everyone. It's even harder to explain to someone without it. I don't understand it. I just know how it feels. Sometimes I don't even know how I feel. It's weird.

OCD plays cruel tricks and we are it's victims. So don't fall into the cycle of Obsessions to Anxiety to Compulsions to Brief Relief back to Obsessions. Force it out off sync!

You a washer? Washing your hands 5 times at a time? Only do it for 3. It feels disgusting, but the more you do it the easier it gets! Trust me I went from 6 times to 2 today. It took time, but OCD staggers if you stand up to it. Can't do that? Wait 10 minutes before washing then do it really slowly. It will annoy you so much it may even shorten your washing! If not, you still won! You made yourself wait. OCD did not control you. You're winning!

So try it!  Get off the pattern and do your routine differently. I dare you. Try for one week.

Post back your success or attempts!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good for you! that's huge!

    This past week I stood up to OCD too! I was at a movie with my crazy friend and she bit off one of my pretzels I was eating. Now, usually, I have a thing with other people touching my food, especially eating it. But you know what! I still ate it! I felt really gross and I thought I would get sick or something, but I didn't. It was really hard, but it felt good in the end! <333

    ReplyDelete